Over the past year or so, I’ve been on a journey that has more and more opened my eyes to God’s love for me. This has been such a profound experience, that I’ve started a special journal where I collect anything highlighting the Lord’s love.
So, I am on the hunt for quotes, hymns, songs, poems, or short prose. Do you have any favorites that speak to God’s love? Please share! I want to fill that journal to bursting!
Here are my top seven quotes so far:
- All of God’s judgments are aimed at whatever interferes with love. ~ Mike Bickle
- Legalism says God will love us if we change. The gospel says God will change us because He loves us. ~ Tullian Tchividjian
- Trusting God’s grace means trusting God’s love for us rather than our love for God . . . Therefore our prayers should consist mainly of rousing our awareness of God’s love rather than trying to rouse God’s awareness of our love for him, like the prists of Baal on Mount Carmel. ~ Peter Kreeft
- Nothing God ever does, or ever did, or ever will do, is separate from the love of God. ~ A.W. Tozer
- The shape of true love isn’t a diamond. It’s a cross. ~ Alicia Bruxvoort
- God loves us too much to indulge our every whim. ~ Max Lucado
- We are His beloved children, and that truth makes all the difference today if we let it sink in. We are not enemies, not disappointments, no could-have-beens, not insignificant. We aren’t held at arm’s length and doubtfully measured for worthiness. We are his beloved children—cared for, ransomed, welcomed, protected, defended, disciplined, and comforted by a Father who goes before us. ~ Ruth Chou Simons
Have a most blessed Valentine’s month!